Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Another Cookie Recipe

Here's another healthy option cookie recipe.  (I say healthy option because there is no added sugar and no flour. However, they are still cookies and while chocolate and peanut butter taste great, they are not exactly health foods!)

As with the last one, I modified this to suit my needs and taste by adding chocolate flavored whey isolate protein powder by Body Fortress and substituting Ghirardelli dark chocolate for the chocolate chips. I was also more generous with the peanut butter.

Here's my modified recipe.

2 ripe bananas
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 scoop Body Fortress chocolate whey isolate
4 squares Ghirardelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree (chopped)
1 heaping tablespoon natural peanut butter (be generous)

Mix all ingredients (I started with the bananas and peanut butter, then added the others), spoon onto greased cookie sheet, bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

I used a 1/4 c scoop and it made 1 dozen cookies.

I haven't put the ingredients into an app to determine nutritional information yet. I may try it again with some PB2 (powdered peanut butter) to add some more peanut butter flavor without the added fat.


Enjoy!
and Be well,

John <><

1 comment: