Saturday, January 24, 2015

It's Time. No More Excuses.

Even though it is a week before my official retirement, I've decided that it is time to get started (or restarted) on my weight machine routine.

My final work week is an abbreviated one and I only have to be to work early on one day. I know that I work with people that are more dedicated to exercise than I am and manage to workout regularly in spite of our odd schedules. For me, it was just too difficult to manage establishing a routine other than daily walking when I was losing weight.

Now, that is no longer the case. The main obstacle that I face is that I am not generally too active in the morning and I think that I am going to prefer a morning workout to one later in the day. I'll just need to find the will and discipline to make that happen.

This week it will be Mon/Wed/Fri with the Wednesday workout being in the afternoon due to working the Tuesday night/Wednesday morning midshift.

I still do not expect to be a P90X or Insanity kind of guy. I am going to have to lay off the running and long walks for a bit and use my bicycle (when the weather is nice) and indoor recumbent (when it's not). I think I may have injured my foot with a stress fracture during my recent running.

Weight machine and body weight exercises for strength training.
Cycling for aerobics.
Yoga for overall conditioning, balance and well being.

That's the plan.

Here we go!

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment