Friday, January 30, 2015

Maintenance

So we are at the end of January and if you set any goals or resolutions, now would be a good time to assess how you're doing.

For myself, I gave myself a 30 pass of sorts to wait for my schedule to become more regular. That begins now. I have started to get back into an exercise routine but know that I need to build more slowly than in the past. Today is Day 4 of the 30 day squat and push-up challenge.

I am also on Day 4 of 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene. I've started with a little bit of weight work but prefer body weight exercises for most things since basic strength and fitness is the objective rather than bulking up. I am using the weight machine for lat-pull downs to build strength to do more than a couple of pull-ups at a time. I use dumbbells for some shoulder and arm work and a leg extension and leg curl for some added leg work.

I'm also thinking that I need to go back to keeping track of calories. I know that even healthy foods can pack on a lot of additional calories in a day if you're not careful. I think that is what has been contributing to my slight weight gain.

So my real health work for 2015 begins now. I'll be back at the end of February with my 30 day report.

How about you?
Still on track?
If not, you could always get started with me -- right now!

Breakfast smoothie:
apple, cutie orange (whole thing, rind and all!), spinach, ground flax seed, almond milk, 2 scoops whey isolate protein powder and a few ice cubes.

Time for yoga!

John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment