Sunday, July 20, 2014

Help! I've Fallen and ...Oh, I'll get up when I'm ready to get up!

Yeah, it's been one of those weeks!
I haven't completely fallen off of the healthy living bandwagon, but I have regressed a little bit this past week.
Diet hasn't been too bad (other than the all-you-can-eat fried fish night) and just eating more than I need to eat. We were low on fruit this week and it was easier to eat what was here (not too bad, but not what has become a regular part of my diet) than to go to the store for fresh fruits and vegetables.

Also, the exercise part of my day has been a little bit off. I'm not sure what has contributed to that other than I've just been too lazy to get my butt out the door and do something. I have decided that I'll have to give up on the idea of running until I take care of a minor foot issue caused by a not so minor hammer toe condition. The encapsulation caused by this changes my stride and causes some joint discomfort. Even walking causes some inflammation but I can deal with that and keep walking. Looks like walking, biking and Nordic Track for exercise for a little while longer.

I've also got that 100 burpee challenge that is coming up in just two weeks.
What was I thinking?
I skipped my Friday burpee  workout due to some elbow pain. I'm not sure what that was about, but I need to get back after it if I'm going to manage 100 of those devilish things. I did sixty on Wednesday and need to build up to the 100. I don't have any ideas of making it in 12 minutes as suggested in the challenge. I'm just hoping to complete the 100. I guess I'll be forced to continue the monthly challenge until I actually manage to do 100 in less than 12 minutes. Ugh!

Overall, the fitness/health thing does kind of get in your blood. I feel better when I'm eating right and getting some exercise. I'm not to the point of feeling guilty when my diet gets off track or I don't exercise, but I definitely notice the difference.

My weight has pretty much leveled off at the 200 lb. mark. Sometimes it's a little under, rarely a little over. I'm thinking about pushing to drop it a little bit more so that my 2-3lb fluctuations will keep me around the 195 mark (or less). At this point, I realize that it will take a lot of focus to drop a few more pounds.

Well, it's late afternoon and the temp is an unseasonably mild 80F. I better get out and walk a few miles.

Time to get back on the fitness wagon!

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment