Saturday, March 7, 2015

Making Adjustments

I hate it when minor injuries get in the way of your regular exercise routine.

Now in my sixth decade of life (54), I've found that working through an injury or toughing it out is no way for me to be. However, I don't want a minor thing to derail my steady progress so I'll have to adapt and come up with something else for a few days.

It seems that I've managed to develop a heel bruise on my right foot. I'm not sure when that happened but will assume that it has something to do with my new shoes. I may have to switch over to bicycling for the next few days instead of walking. Fortunately, the weather is supposed to be very nice. I may try walking on softer ground (the park or nature center) instead of road walking. We'll see.

The main thing is to keep moving.

I recently spoke with a weight lifter whose friend is having shoulder surgery and is not looking forward to the idle time necessary for recovery. While working with that arm might be off limits for a few months, it doesn't mean that he has to remain idle. He'll just have to adapt his workouts to account for his shoulder.

Keep moving.
Do something.
If that doesn't work, do something else.
Keep moving.

Be well,
John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment