Friday, March 6, 2015

The Great Outdoors!

I am really looking forward to spring!

One of the things that I have allowed to get in the way of fitness this winter has been the weather. You would think that the time off work would have given me a significant advantage when it comes to getting exercise...and it has. I just have failed to take advantage of it.

No More!

This past week, in spite of the cold, I managed to get out and walk. I am going to keep that up. A new pair of shoes is on my list of things to purchase. I am also going to start taking advantage of the nicer weather and a backyard patio to get some of my exercise outside. Since I've been primarily doing body weight exercises, this should work out well.

And I have a garden to put in this year.

This will provide for some outdoor activity as well as some good, healthy food for the table! We still haven't decided what to plant (or how much), but I am looking forward to it.

Maybe I'll take up a little fishing this year. It has been a long time since I've been fishing. It might be a fun way to spend a day and a cool thing to provide everything on the dinner table some night.

In any case, I am looking forward to the mental benefits and physical benefits of being out in the sun. Even sitting outside (in the sun or in the shade) to read a book is better than being inside reading. Obviously, this sunny day (even with snow still on the ground) has me longing for summer!

Get outside.
Be well,

John <><

No comments:

Post a Comment