Sunday, March 1, 2015

Something new for dinner!

Last week I posted a link to a breakfast recipe that was pretty good.

Tonight I used that same recipe to go with our dinner.

I started with sliced turkey kielbasa that I fried in a cast iron skillet with a little coconut oil. While that was cooking I diced the apples and measured out the quinoa (I mixed red and white). I placed the sausage on a plate and rinsed the skillet. Then I added the apples, cinnamon, water and quinoa and cooked it covered on low for about 20 minutes. I decided to prepare it on the stove instead of in the oven. As an afterthought, I chopped up a couple of jalapeno peppers and added them to the apple mix.

While that was cooking, I prepared the walnuts (instead of pecans) with cinnamon and honey (instead of maple syrup).

When the apple/quinoa mix was done, I added the sausage and turned the heat up. I stirred it and added the walnut mixture.

It turned out very well!

I think the apple quinoa bake would make a good side dish for smoked pork or grilled pork chops, too.

Let me know if you try this.

John <><


No comments:

Post a Comment