Sunday, October 31, 2021

October 31, Day 40

Looking at the title today, it's easy to see my 100 day countdown to 2022 is off by a day.
Hmmm...?

I did step on the scale this morning and was at 248, so I managed to drop a whole two pounds this month. On the bright side, since it all came in the past few days I'm happy to be back on track. Logging foods and keeping total daily calories down has been a big help.

I have changed my diet in the past week. I'm eating more fruits and vegetables and really restricting anything processed. To be fair--I have had a little rice (white rice is pretty processed), a little bread, some pasta, and some cheeses. I've also had some sweets but not many as I'm watching the refined sugars, as well. I still want to enjoy good food. I do want to be cautious about over doing it. Fruits, veggies, nuts, and whole grains are a good way to "fill up" without piling on the calories.
(Wow. Rereading what I just wrote. In the past six days I've had rice, bread, pasta, cheeses, and sweets. If I've been restrictive this week, my regular diet really sucks!)
 
Overall, I have felt more full and satiated while keeping the daily calories relatively low. Whole grains, nuts, fruits and veggies are the main things. I've also limited dairy and meats. I think my body and brain are still trying to figure out what's going on, but the initial effects are good. I'll keep you posted as I work through another week.

While diet has been good this week, activity has sucked. It's been low level on the best days. Gotta fix that this week.
New month tomorrow.

Be well, 
John

No comments:

Post a Comment