Thursday, December 20, 2018

Dec 20

I'm experiencing some real frustration as scale fluctuations seem to be upward and not downward.
I do step on the scale most mornings, but only plan to record weight once per week. That tends to smooth out the daily fluctuations.

With the kids coming in tomorrow (for the holiday weekend), and with Christmas on Tuesday, I think I'll wait until Wednesday to start back to logging foods. I'm not a real fan of the work, but it's hard to argue with the results -- at least for me.

I did get my 3+ miles of walking in and my 10,000 steps yesterday. Even though the weight hasn't really started coming down yet, I'll start a little running in January. I had hoped to save some stress on the knees and ankle by waiting until I'd dropped around 20 pounds, so I'll go slowly and see how they hold up.

Lifestyle changes are hard.

Be well,
John

1 comment:

  1. Best of success in all this work. My husband is on a low carb diet to bring down weight and blood sugar.

    Your blog is encouraging. Over from Billions of.... I will be back.

    ReplyDelete