Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 2: a small victory

We live in a time when every small plus is a victory of sorts. Perhaps, that's an attitude that I can carry forward beyond this current crisis. My small win was just in successfully completing day 2.
I had to add a short evening walk to top 10,000 steps, but I did it. I didn't move much after that (the apartment is only 500 sq ft) and finished the day at a mere 10,186 steps.

I managed my yoga session around midday, right after my 3+ mile walk. One wouldn't think you could be too out of shape for beginning yoga, but... this old fatboy needs some help! Hopefully, by the end of the month I'll be doing much better.

Here's an article on the online yogi I've been following.
I've been following Adriene for a few years and have used different 30 day series as daily practice in the past. Sometimes I imagine myself able to accomplish complex poses and balances, but then I remember that I can't even gracefully step from a plank to a forward lunge!
Ha! I can't even gracefully get up from or down to the mat! Maybe I'll be able to manage that in 30 days!

A couple of rainy days in the forecast will make stepping a challenge. We'll see what happens.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment