Friday, April 24, 2020

Oops! Starting over -- again!

Even though I began the day with the idea that I might fall short of 10,000 steps, the truth is I could have easily managed it. I was a little lazy and indulged in an afternoon cigar while enjoying what turned out to be a beautiful, sunny afternoon. I took a short walk with Chris and had 8,662 steps for the day.
My weekly count is over 52,000 so I'm still averaging over 10,000/day if that counts for anything.

After five months in the little apartment without the weight scale -- it's back!

Weight is an odd issue. I don't want to be consumed with it, but I know that a healthier me would weigh a lot less. Right now I weigh about the same as I did a few months ago (actually, a few pounds less). I really think that we will be doing better on the daily diet in our new place.
With more to do, snacking is less of a distraction. The kitchen is nice and we both enjoy cooking. We are a little farther away from a grocery with fresh produce or a farmer's market. That will play a role in what we have on hand or how often we need to go to the store. We are both looking forward to cooking healthy dinners in our new home.

This morning's weigh in was 256 lbs (that's 116.1 kg if my international friends want to know how fat I am!). I know that I need to be back around 200 lbs (90.7 kg). I'm not going to obsess with losing the weight; I just want to be moving in that direction.

I'm a believer in --
Eat for weight management
Exercise for good health

So there it is. Eat well. Keep moving. That's the plan.
Simple, right?

John

No comments:

Post a Comment