Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Unhealthy Guy Still Sets the Rules

Sometimes I laugh at the name of this blog -- Healthy Living (by an unhealthy guy).
I laugh because I realize just how true it is.

Here's an example of how unhealthy John tries to be more healthy:

Early yesterday afternoon I realized I was at around 6,000 steps.
The 4,000 steps I need is a little under two miles of walking.
The nearest convenience store is a mile away.
The plan? Walk to the store. Buy a six pack of beer. Walk home. Sit on the shaded deck with a cold beer, a good cigar, and feeling good about another 10,000 step day!

So walking to buy beer and sitting around smoking a cigar probably aren't the healthiest options for healthy living, but I got a bit of productive work accomplished in the morning, took a short walk in the afternoon, and enjoyed the quiet time on the deck.

12,276 for the day.

The unhealthy guy's diet included a few cookies and a couple of beers, but was well under the calorie count for slow but steady weight loss.

Life is good.
Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment