Wednesday, April 8, 2020

The Struggle is Real

It was a beautiful day in the Ozarks of Southwest Missouri -- and I didn't feel like doing anything involving activity. In fact, I considered giving myself the day off. I spent a good chunk of the afternoon sitting outside, reading a book, and enjoying a good cigar.

From the morning trip to the grocery store, an evening trip to check on our new home, and just normal activity, by evening I had enough steps in that I knew a 2.5 mile walk would put me at 10K steps for the day. Even though the sun had already set and the full moon was well above the horizon, I got my steps in -- 10,533 for April 7 and my eighth day in a row of topping 10,000 steps.

I should get today's walk in early as it's supposed to be mid to upper 80s this afternoon (30c)!
Don't pack away the sweatshirts and jackets yet. It's still spring in the Ozarks. Tomorrow (Thursday) night is forecast to dip below the freezing point!

Don't let "stay at home" keep you from getting a little exercise. One of my friends says movement is medicine.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment