Sunday, June 7, 2020

June 7: Summer struggles

It's been hot.
Hot makes me feel lazy.
Yesterday I made myself get on the treadmill for 30 minutes in the morning and on the exercise cycle for 45 in the evening. I ended the day with only 7,948 steps, so I only made it to 10,000 one day last week. As a matter of fact, I've only made it to 10,000 steps one day in each of the last two weeks. I should probably re-evaluate that as a daily goal.
Hmmm...
Funny how that coincides with a slow down in the rate of weight loss.

I am still a believer in eating for weight management and exercising for good health and fitness, but there is a correlation (especially in attitude) between the two. I know that if I'm more committed to the fitness part, I'll do a better job of sticking to a healthy diet.

Yesterday's diet was more on track with total calories, but I still need to watch the percentages of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. I specifically would like to reduce processed foods.

It's a new week. Be good to your body. It's the only one you get.
I remember something an overweight old man once said to me -- "If I would have known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment