Monday, November 15, 2021

November 15, No Excuses

I'm two weeks into No Excuse November and doing pretty well. I've continued to log foods daily and have had no problems coming in below calories. Increasing fruit, vegetables, and legumes while limiting meat, dairy, and processed grains has really helped with keeping a full, satisfied feeling and lower calorie count.

I'm also finding it easier to find daily time for some sort of exercise, even if it's only 15 or 20 minutes on the stationary bike. I've lost 11 pounds since October 22 when I decided to get serious and changed my eating habits.

The thing that always concerns me is wondering if this is something that I can do as a lifestyle change. If you've followed my journey for long, you know I've been up and down and up again with weight swings that have varied by nearly 70 pounds. I really think can keep up with a more plant-based diet as a way of life. 
I am not going all in on Dr. Fuhrmann's Eat to Live diet. I'm not doing his hard-core 6 week induction diet, and I probably won't completely eliminate dairy, nor limit meat to the extent he recommends. I'm not cutting out coffee, nor do I want to feel bad about an occasional beer, bourbon, or tequila. But I do think I'll find a place in between the way I was eating and his plan that will work as a lifestyle eating plan that will be nutritious and healthy and doable for me.

Many years ago an old friend (80s) said to me, "John, if I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself." 
Hopefully, it's not too late for me to take care of myself now so that my 80 year old self will not regret the health decisions of my 61 year old self.

John 

No comments:

Post a Comment