Sunday, November 28, 2021

November 28, No Excuses

sigh

I suppose I should be happy to have made it through Thanksgiving week without gaining any weight, but a weight neutral week is not really what I want at this point. Travel, family, a little beer, some good international food--all in my future for the next couple of weeks. This is going to be a challenge.

On the other hand, I should be able to get plenty of walking in. I don't know that I'll get much in the way of other exercise, but the walking part should be good. 

With just 33 days until 2022, 220 pounds is looking to be unrealistic as a part of a lifestyle change. If losing 18 pounds in that time was the main thing, I'm sure I could do it. But losing the weight as a part of sustainable lifestyle habits is not going to happen. A steady two pounds per week (maybe a little more) will put me around 228 on January 1. That would be -34 pounds from my August 1st high of 262. It's not much in the grand scheme of weight loss, but considering my 7 weeks of no loss from the beginning of September to mid October--I'd take it.  
Even at my current -24 pounds I already feel better. I don't really look any different (yet), but I do feel better. Honestly, it isn't like it's a great feeling of "Oh! I have so much more energy!" or anything exciting like that. It's more like a subtle peace of "I feel good about myself and the decisions I'm making." 

Writing about it each day in a kind of daily diary keeps me mentally focused on how I'm doing day by day. I don't share this blog to Facebook on a daily basis, but I do post it to Twitter every day. It's really for my own benefit that I write it. I know that there are others that also struggle with the day to day bad habits to better habits changes that are necessary to get to better health. Maybe it's for them, too.

     "The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you're not going to stay where you are."
     --JP Morgan

Change is difficult.
I know.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment