Monday, November 22, 2021

November 22, No Excuses

It's  a Monday morning weigh-in day and the beginning of the fourth week in November.
I am back to losing a relatively healthy 2 pounds per week and come in at 238 pounds. I'm not sure who decided that 2lbs/wk is supposed to be the target, but the MyFitnessPal app creators won't go higher than that for calculating calories for weight loss. I, however, am going to have to step it up to 3lbs/wk if I'm going to make 220 by the end of the year.

Actually 220 isn't a must meet goal. It's a number I had in mind before I went eight weeks without losing any weight in September and most of October. I'm still going to go for it even though I expect the next three weeks to be a challenge--Thanksgiving this week, then some traveling and family time in the coming weeks.
It will be more doable if I look at my daily log to track what I've eaten instead of looking at it to see how much I can snack late in the evening. Yesterday's diet was good. I even managed to have a rare beer in the afternoon.

Exercise was light as I'm still having some back issues. This getting old crap really sucks. While I'm not really wanting to stop aging; I am wanting to hold off its effects, hence the current exercise and healthy living plan. 
Bring on the tough weeks!
Here we go!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment