Saturday, November 27, 2021

November 27, No Excuses

It's hard to believe that the month is coming to an end. It's possible that I could be at -12 pounds for the month, but it will be hard to know for sure. I'll get a weigh-in at home on Monday morning, but will be away on December 1. Really hoping for an extra good December and will have to stay very focused and be more into the exercise part next month to make 220 by January 1.
Yesterday was a good day for both diet and exercise.

As I am re-reading The Abs Diet I am finding it interesting how there are so many opposing views on what the best way to fuel the body is. Every expert has their own set of studies and stats to back their particular view. Then you have people that read multiple books and cherry pick what they like, or believe, or can live with as they struggle with trying to change their overall diet and lifestyle. I think we often end up going from one process that has led to bad choices to a new process that leads to many of the same bad choices or maybe a whole new set of bad choices. No wonder the diet industry is a multi-billion dollar industry.

The one common theme that I seem to find in the many different books I've read over the past few decades is controlling insulin. While it isn't always addressed as insulin control, it's really always the main thing in controlling weight, reducing fat, and living longer, healthier lives. 
Whether it's eating several smaller meals per day (5-6), severely restricting carbs, going paleo, going vegan, or any other of hundreds of diet book philosophies, the ones that seem to have the most success are the ones that can be effective as a lifestyle rather than serve as a temporary diet plan that you are on for a while and then off and back to your old habits as you yo-yo up and down between "diets" that are designed to only work for a short time. 

Like many overweight people, I have the diet books, the diet cook books, the healthy eating cookbooks, the exercise books, the yoga mat, the exercise equipment, and the receipts that have contributed to that multi-billion dollar industry. The one bill that I haven't had (yet) is the large medical or hospital bill. To date I am not on any meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, or any other health condition. But I do fear those things are in my future if I revert back to the yo-yo life of gaining, losing, and regaining weight. 

For today, November 27, I will be healthy. I'll get some exercise and I'll eat well. I'm not going to worry about undoing the past. I'm just going to live well today and leave the past where it is. While I certainly have goals and hopes for the future, I'm not going to be so focused that I miss out on today. 
Live in the moment. Live well. That's the plan -- for today.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment