Wednesday, November 17, 2021

November 17, No Excuses

Not every salad is good for you.
We ate out last night and I had a salad and it was good.
I don't know that it was good for me. 
It was loaded with salami, pepperoni, ham, turkey, and bacon. Plus it had black olives and cheese. It also had some iceberg and romaine lettuce. After all, it was a salad.
It was obviously pretty high in fat calories, but I managed to stay under my total calories for the day and didn't feel like I was depriving myself along the way.

I came home and did my 30 minutes on the exercise bike to end of the day.

Although it wasn't an exceptional day in any way, It is what I'm hoping each day will be. I'm only a couple of weeks into really trying to restructure what my normal day will look like. I hope that this will be on the fringe exception side of normal as I am striving to reduce meats and dairy, especially meats that are loaded with preservatives like salami and pepperoni.
My late in life recognition to my little bit of lactose intolerance had me using milk with lactase (Lactaid or other lactose free milk), but I just bought some oat milk which works well in my mostly oat cereal and is easier on my digestion. 

One simple step at a time.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment