Tuesday, November 23, 2021

November 23, No Excuses

One week left in the month of November!
Yesterday was a good diet day. I'm really finding that eating more plant based stuff -- fruit, beans, raw veggies -- makes eating fewer calories so much easier. I do need to consciously add more veggies into the day and limit the nuts and seeds because of the high fat content. Overall, I've done pretty well at restricting the processed grains from breads, pasta and white rice. I've had a few sandwiches, enjoyed some pasta, and made fried rice, but as a rule -- most days have been free of the lower nutrient, processed carbs. I've also restricted most dairy by switching to a milk substitute and forgoing the cheese when I think of it.
And I've really restricted beer (I think I've had two this month). Beer and weightloss don't go together very well.

I'm not hard and fast on not eating (or drinking) anything in particular. I'm just being more aware of how it affects me and deciding if it's okay in that specific circumstance. I'm minus eight pounds for the first three weeks of November and hoping to keep pace through the Thanksgiving holiday. 

Side note: The MyFitnesPal app that I use adds in additional food calories for calories burned during tracked exercises like walking, running, cycling, etc. Rather than using those exercise calories to add to my intake as I have in the past, I think I'll just count them as additional calories burned moving forward. 

Exercise wise -- I'm doing better and finding something daily in the way of actual exercise vs just being active. I think this is important for me as we enter into the winter months and my activity is much less than during warmer weather.

I've also started re-reading The Abs Diet by David Zinczenko. It's the book that got me started on my last minus sixty pound journey eight+ years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment