Saturday, May 2, 2020

A Slow Start

My steps yesterday were only 6,640. That makes three consecutive days of fewer than 10,000 steps.
sigh

I did get somethings accomplished that will help me in future health and exercise related activities and there is more to do. The weight machine is assembled and ready for use. I'll go easy at first as I re-acclimate myself to the machine and find out if my muscle memory is any better than my brain memory. I also think I'll use the stationary cycle to condition the legs before killing myself on a bicycle.



Diet is good. I'm staying below my daily allowance of calories for steady weight loss and eating mostly healthy foods. The social distancing has actually been good for me. I'm the guy that always buys the candy bar or snack that's at the register in the convenience store or grocery store. Fewer trips out = fewer sugary snacks.

The main thing is -- I feel good.
Today I'm a little stiff in the back and butt from bending and lifting yesterday, but overall I feel like I'm moving in the right direction. I hope to keep it that way.

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment