Monday, May 25, 2020

Monday Morning

I did take yesterday off and did very little in the way of activity -- 5,309 steps and no work of any kind.
Logging foods has become a bit of a habit, so that continued. Yesterday was the first day in five weeks that I missed my daily calorie target -- I was half a cookie over!

My Monday morning weigh-in was good at 244 pounds. That's minus 14 pounds in five weeks. It's a good start. I'm still firmly in the obese range by weight or BMI (33.1) and need to reach 220 pounds to fall below a BMI of 30 which is still considered overweight but not obese. To reach a "normal" weight (BMI of 18 - 24.9) I'd have to reach 180 pounds.
Sacrebleu!

Personally, I don't think that's a realistic goal for me and believe that I will feel happy and healthy at anything < 200 pounds. Figuring that the rate of weight loss will slow as I lose more weight, my initial intermediate goals were 240 by my birthday (2 1/2 more weeks), 220 by September 5, and 200 by 2021.
If I get there more quickly, that's cool, but I'm more interested in a sustainable lifestyle than in a quick weight loss.

Day by day.
Be well,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment