Friday, May 1, 2020

It's May!

So I ended April with 314,895 steps. There were 5 days that I fell short of 10,000 (including yesterday). All in all, not bad for a fat guy.

I know that I should have some May fitness goals already set by this time, but I don't.
I do plan on keeping active, but haven't set that up in my mind just yet. I started putting the weight machine together yesterday and plan on completing that task today. I really need to build back some upper body strength and endurance.

Diet wise -- I've been keeping track of my intake. Logging foods really keeps me mindful of what I'm consuming. Between paying attention to what I'm eating and staying physically active, I feel pretty good even though it's only been a week.
I've also been doing a modified intermittent fasting kind of thing. I generally don't eat anything before 10 or 11 in the morning and try to be finished eating by around 7pm. I haven't been really strict about it, but just the general idea keeps me aware of the clock and what I need (or don't need) at the time.

So ...
For now I'll keep up with the daily step goal of 10,000 per day and look to 325,000 for the month.
I'll get the weight machine together and figure out some sort of plan for that.
And I'll keep a watch on the diet.
That's the May plan.

How about you?
Any goals or simple steps towards better health?

Be well,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment