Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Work is Exercise, right?

There have been many times in my life that I have been grateful for a career that did not involve manual labor. Yesterday was another one of those days. Long before the day ended, my back and arms were tired. I took a short break from working to check the mail -- a quarter mile (400 m) walk or so, but ended the day with only 6072 steps.
Sacrebleu!

So let's talk about weight loss
...and weight gain!

I was feeling pretty good about losing a few pounds and as I went to log the weight into the My Fitness Pal app I found this chart.

It goes back to when I first started using the app to log foods and track my weight loss -- June of 2013. I had just turned 53 and was 258 pounds, the heaviest I had ever been. I set the simple goal of losing 54 pounds before my 54th birthday. I actually lost 60 pounds and dipped below the 200 pound line.
But you can see that the five years that followed have been a steady upward climb (with several short lived attempts to regain control) to a point that surpassed my previous high.
Ugh!

So the goal is to get beyond a short term failed attempt of weight-loss and adopt a new healthier lifestyle and habits that will insure a long term healthy body and spirit. I'd like to be at 240 by my 60th birthday in June. That will be my lowest in over two years and a good start towards a healthier me.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment